Capt. Michael's "All Jack'd Up Style" Fried Fish
A delicious way to prepare your fresh catch you brought home from your fishing charter with Capt. Michael on All Jack'd Up Charters.
Write a review
- 1 gallon Peanut Oil
- 1 deep dish skillet
- 1 frying thermometer
- 4 fillets of your fresh catch
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. of Crystal Hot Sauce or Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 4 cups of Zatarain's Seasoned Fish-Fri
- 1 1 gallon Ziploc bag
- 1 roll of paper towels
- Whisk eggs in bowl or casserole dish and add hot sauce (3 Tbsp. or "to taste").
- Cut fish fillets into small pieces or chunks (so they cook uniformly).
- Dredge fish into the egg wash and hot sauce mixture.
- Put 4 cups of the Zatarain's Fish-Fri in a 1 gallon Ziploc bag.
- Take fish fillets out of egg wash and put into the Ziploc bag with Zatarain's mix.
- Shake the bag to evenly coat the fillets with the Zatarain's mix.
- In a large skillet heat approximately 2" of peanut oil to 325º-350º degrees (DO NOT heat peanut oil above 375º degrees - this will cause the oil to burn).
- Carefully and gently drop the fish into the hot peanut oil and fry the fish pieces about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Pull fish chunks out of the oil and drain/pat dry with paper towel
- Enjoy your fresh catch!
- Serve with hushpuppies, french fries and a garden salad.
All Jack'd Up Charters http://alljackdupcharters.com/